While homemade broth was simmering yesterday, I suddenly remembered a favorite quick lunch my Nonna made when I visited. Her homemade chicken broth, tiny noodles (pastina, flakes, or tiny circles) with an egg-grated cheese mixture drizzled in as it boiled. Quick, easy, nutritious, and easy to digest.
Some recent and persistent stomach issues are making me dig deep for comfort foods! By the way, it was delicious!
- About 2 cups chicken broth (of course homemade is best) per person
- small pasta shapes cooked right in the broth
- Beat 1 egg per person with about 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano (I use a combo)
- When pasta is al dente, pour the egg mixture slowly into the simmering soup, stirring quickly with a fork.
- Some variations: add fresh chopped parsley, grated carrots, or chopped spinach.