So, I made this great chicken dish accidentally.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, including liquid
- a tablespoon of basil pesto
- a cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 jar of roasted sweet red peppers (fire roasted is best), roughly chopped
- about a dozen large green stuffed olives, sliced
- a heaping tablespoon of capers
- a sprinkle of paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350. Serves 6.
In a large baking dish (mine is about 10×17 Pyrex) spread the olive oil by dragging the chicken pieces through it. Add all the other ingredients, breaking the pesto up. Put the pan in the oven …. and forget about it for about 2-1/2 hours, until the faint scent of tomatoes and browning penetrates your consciousness. Pull pan out of oven moments before ingredients begin to burn. Loosen juices from pan with a little more white wine. Serve with quinoa or rice and fresh steamed broccoli.
Voila, Accidental Chicken a la Laurie